Guidelines For Indian Metro Travelers
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep S Puri has announced the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines for metro operations and metro travelers. Metros with more than one line will open in staggered manner from 7th September 2020 to 12th September 2020. Daily operational hours will also be in staggered manner initially with less working hours.
For example – In the first stage, Delhi Metro services will operate in two shifts, from 7 to 11 AM and from 4 to 8 PM. Normal operations will start from the 12th of this month
Guidelines for Metro Operators
- Thermal screening for every passenger.
- Allow only asymptomatic persons.
- Sanitizers should be made available for travelers.
- Sanitize the metro premises.
- Regulate the frequency of trains properly to avoid overcrowding.
- Encourage cashless transactions or use of smartcard.
- Sanitize tokens and paper tickets properly.
- If a person is not having mask then make him purchase a mask from counter.
- Operators are allowed to skip some stations to avoid overcrowding and to maintain social distancing.
- Air-conditioners should be tuned so that fresh air intake is more.
- Metro stations and entry-exit gates should remain closed in containment zones.
Guidelines for Metro Travelers
- Mask is mandatory to board metro.
- You can buy from metro counter if you don’t have the mask
- Metro stations in containment zones will remain closed.
- Co-operate with metro staff at screening.
- Carry less luggage and avoid metal items for quick scanning.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 please stay away from traveling.
- Use cashless transactions or Smartcard more.
- Use sanitizers inside metro stations.
- Avoid rushing and getting crowded.
Based on the guidelines issued by the central government Delhi, Noida, Chennai, Kochi, Bangalore, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Gujarat and UP Metro (Lucknow) have prepared their Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines.
Travel safe. Find out the timings of your local metro trains before going to station. Trains will not be frequent so be careful and avoid crowding. Please do visit websites of your respective metro stations and find more guidelines designed for your location.