We all come to conclusions very easily or we suggest/advice people to do this or that to protect from illness. There are few myths that are making rounds among people. Do not believe them blindly. Here are few myth busters of Coronavirus from World Health Organization.
Coronavirus cab be transmitted in hot & humid climate
Based on the information available at WHO, they suggest that virus can transmit in all type of areas. You need to be careful irrespective of your location and climate.
Cold & Snow weather cannot kill vrius
There is no need to believe that virus cannot stay in cold or snow regions. Our body temperature remains around 36.5°C to 37°C, regardless of the external temperature or weather.
Hot Bath Doesn’t Help
Taking very hot bath doesn’t help. Instead it will create burns on your skin. Do not hurt yourself by taking very hot baths. It does not protect you from virus.
Mosquitoes Do Not Transmit
Coronavirus is related to respiratory system. It spreads through droplets from infected person when he/she coughs or sneezes. It can also be transmitted from the saliva of the person either from mouth or nose. As of date there is no evidence or proof that mosquitoes carry virus.
Few Other Myths On Coronavirus
- Hand dryers cannot kill virus. They are not effective.
- Should not use Ultra Violet Lamps. Do not expose your skin to UV.
- Thermal scanners are only to check body temperature. They cannot predict Coronavirus. It takes 2-10 days for the person to become sick and develop fever.
- Chlorine and Alcohol doesn’t kill virus when it has already entered the body. Do not pour them on your full body. Use them only under proper recommendations for disinfecting the surfaces.
- Pneumonia vaccine will not protect from Coronavirus. This is a very new virus.
- Regularly rinsing your nose with saline will not help in preventing infection with the new coronavirus.
- There is no proof that eating garlic will prevent from infection.
- All ages of people can be infected with the virus. There is no age restriction.
- Antibiotics work only on bacteria not viruses.
Currently there is no specific medicine to treat or prevent Coronavirus.
The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by frequently cleaning your hands. By doing this you eliminate viruses that may be on your hands and avoid infection that could occur by then touching your eyes, mouth, and nose