Coming soon: Increase your online security with the VPN by Google One. With one tap from the Google One app, you can encrypt your online activity for an extra layer of protection wherever you’re connected. Main features are Extra online protection, Security you can trust, Fast performance & Seamless and easy.
How does a VPN work?
Your browser and your apps can communicate sensitive information online frequently. Some sites and apps use outdated, weak or no encryption at all. While in transit, unsecured data can be intercepted or modified by hackers, which compromises your privacy and overall security. When you enable it, your online data is protected by traveling through a strongly encrypted tunnel. The VPN tunnel is operated by Google through Google’s secure global servers.
Extra online protection
Extend Google’s world-class security to encrypt your Android phone’s online traffic – no matter what app or browser you’re using
- Stream, download and browse on an encrypted, private connection
- Shield against hackers on unsecured networks (like public Wi-Fi)
- Hide your IP address and prevent third parties from using it to track your location
Security you can trust
Privacy and security is core to everything.
- Google will never use the VPN connection to track, log, or sell your browsing activity
- Google systems have advanced security built in so no one can use the VPN to tie your online activity to your identity
The VPN by Google One is backed by Google’s best in class network architecture. You can always have it running while keeping a fast internet connection across your apps and services.
Seamless and easy
All it takes is one tap from the Google One app to enable the it. You can also add it to your quick settings for even easier access.
VPN by Google One Availability
To give you peace of mind that your data is safe, we’re announcing the new VPN by Google One on our 2 TB and higher plans to provide an extra layer of online protection for your Android phone. It is currently available in the U.S. for Android phones.