Here are the most effective facial exercises to help slim down your face so that you can say goodbye to chubby cheeks and the dreaded double chin. From Chin Lifts, Lip Pulls, Jaw Releases to the fish face and many more. What is the first thing that you notice about a person when you meet them? Chances are it’s probably their face! When it comes to appearance, your face is the most remarkable part of you, that’s usually noticed first by others. But when it comes to exercising and workouts, it may be the most overlooked part.
Facial exercises for toning your face are just as important as physical exercise that help in weight loss and toning the body. A chiseled jawline and high cheekbones are what define your face and give it a sharp edge. You may not be able to get them if you do not exercise your face.
Facial Exercises for double chin
The chin lift exercise is the best way to get rid of a double chin. It helps with working and stretching most of your facial muscles including the jaw, throat and neck. But make sure not to use any other facial muscles other than the lips while doing this exercise. You can perform this exercise either in the sitting or standing position.
- Begin by tilting your head towards the ceiling, keeping your eyes fixed.
- Now, make your lips tight, as if you are trying to kiss the ceiling, hold it for a count of 5 seconds and relax.
Repeat 10 to 20 times each time.
Rolling your Neck
Rolling the neck is another effective exercise for getting rid of a double chin. It helps tone your chin, jawline and neck muscles. It’s also effective for promoting sleep and reducing stress, tightening the skin of your neck and reducing the appearance of wrinkles or sagging skin. You can practice sitting or standing.
- Start by holding your head at a normal position.
- Now, gently bend your head to one side, lining with your chin, then slowly turn your head so that it makes a complete circular rotation.
- Remember to keep your spine straight and shoulders down at all times.
- Repeat clockwise and counterclockwise for 3 to 4 minutes.
Blowing Air in the Balloon
If you want to reduce extra fat from your chin and cheeks, blowing air in the balloon is the best exercise that works effectively on solving your chubby cheeks and double chin issues. When you blow air in a balloon, it stretches the neck and facial muscles and gives a natural look to your face, which leaves it leaner.
- Sit on a chair with your back straight and head tilted towards the ceiling.
- Take a balloon and start blowing air for at least 10 seconds.
- Relax and do it again several times.
- Repeat this exercise 3 times a day.
Neck Curl Up
The neck curl up will remove the fat around your chin. Keep in mind that the muscles located at the front of your neck are often underdeveloped so avoid pushing yourself to avoid any accidents. You can do this exercise daily for the best results.
- Lie on your back keeping your tongue pressed to the roof of your mouth.
- Lift your chin towards your chest without moving your torso.
- Perform three sets of ten reps.
This is an incredibly simple exercise which tones your cheeks and keeps double chin at bay. It gets its name because it mimics the movement similar to when you rinse your mouth with mouthwash.
- Fill your mouth with air.
- Transfer the air in your mouth from one corner to the other similar to cleansing your mouth with mouthwash.
- Continue for a few minutes, relax and repeat a couple of times.
This exercise is designed to give you defined cheekbones and a more distinct jawline. It is perfect if you are trying to reduce chin fat while toning the jaw and cheeks. The jaw chewing exercise is also a stretching workout to keep your muscles fit.
- Keep your head straight and close your mouth, but move your jaw like you’re chewing.
- Continue to breathe, taking deep breaths while humming.
- Open your mouth and press your tongue down against the bottom of your teeth.
- Hold for five seconds, inhale, exhale.
- Repeat 10 times.
Doing the jaw chewing exercise can feel tricky at first, but keep going, it’ll soon feel natural to tone your facial muscles and keep your jaw, cheeks, and chin looking great. Again, try it a few times and don’t overdo it when first practicing this exercise.
Facial Exercises for thinner face
This exercise may sound strange but it’s extremely effective at stretching out the muscles in your face to make your face appear thinner. It involves your tongue and might make you feel a little silly, but don’t let that stop you.
- To perform the lion face exercise, ball your hands into fists and breathe in through your nose.
- As you inhale, squeeze the muscles in your face as tightly as you can.
- Then, release your fists and breathe out through your mouth.
- As you exhale, reach your tongue out as far as you can and open your eyes wide.
- Hold this position for ten seconds and repeat it three times per day.
The locked tongue exercise is an excellent facial exercise that can shape up your jawline and give your face a slimmer, sharper look. It not only aids in toning your face muscles, but also boosts circulation throughout your face. You can do this exercise sitting down or standing up.
- Start by relaxing your face, then roll your tongue up and touch the upper palate of your mouth with its tip.
- Try to open your mouth as wide as possible by holding your tongue in this position.
- You should feel an extreme stretch in your throat and face.
- Retain the pose until you feel uncomfortable and keep breathing with your nose.
Jaw Release is a great exercise if you want to have sharp cheekbones and a prominent jawline. It reduces your double chin plus it’ll stretch the muscles around your lips, jaw, and cheeks.
- Start with a straight posture and move your jaw as if you are chewing while keeping your lips closed.
- Breathe in deeply and breathe out while humming.
- Next, open your mouth wide with your tongue pressed against your bottom teeth.
- Keep this posture for five seconds, now inhale and exhale again.
- This makes one repetition.
- Repeat this complete exercise ten to fifteen times for one set.
This exercise is very effective in toning and firming drooping cheeks. It also smoothes your cheek folds to give you a younger-looking face.
- Start in a comfortable sitting position and smile as wide as you can and lift up your cheeks towards your eyes.
- Afterward, you will feel the strain in your cheek muscles.
- Do this by shutting your eyes for a better lift.
- Hold the posture for fifteen seconds then relax your face.
- Repeat it fifteen times each set for best results.
Puff Your Cheeks
This exercise is intended to stretch and give your cheek muscles a good workout. It will also help you lose facial fat.
- Take a deep breath through your mouth filling it up with air.
- Expand your cheeks by keeping your mouth closed and your lips together.
- First fill out both cheeks by puffing them up and count until 5.
- Now, transfer air within your mouth to one cheek, hold and count till 5 and then to the other cheek.
- Relax and gently blow air through your mouth.
- Repeat 10 times a day and you will soon see your face beginning to appear slimmer than before.
The tight eyes exercise is extremely simple, can be done any time of day, and majorly helps to cut down on your chubby cheeks. When it comes to identifying how to lose face fat, getting rid of those cheeks is key.
- Just close your eyes as tightly as you can.
- You should feel your cheek muscles in this exercise.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Relax for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times.
When you practice this exercise, it’s important that you feel your cheeks move upwards when you close your eyes. Otherwise, you’re not doing the exercise properly. Close your eyes even tighter and you’ll feel it. Remember, an exercise that’s not done properly is not worth doing.
This simple yet effective exercise will help tone your cheeks and give you the definition you need. Here’s how to lose face fat by looking like a fish.
- Pull in your cheeks and lips to create the fish lips effect.
- Try to smile while doing this.
- Hold for about 5 seconds.
- You can repeat this exercise up to 10 times.
You will feel this exercise in your cheeks almost right away! When beginning, you may want to only do it five times rather than 10 to see how you feel. You don’t want your face to be too sore for the other exercises.
Are Facial Exercises a part of your workout routine? Will you give any of these Facial Exercises a try?